Product Name: Sodium Benzoate
Type: Preservatives,Pharmaceutical Intermedaites
CAS No: 532-32-1
Appearance: White Crystalline Powder
Molecular Weight: 144.10317
Melting Point: >300 °C(lit.)
Density: 1,44 g/cm3
EINECS No: 208-534-8
Place of Origin: China (Mainland)
China Sodium Benzoate Preservative sed as preservatives in food and drinks to prevent the growth of mold, yeast and fungi. In general the salts are preferred over the acid form because they are more soluble in water. The optimal pH for the antimicrobial activity is below pH 6.5 and sorbates are generally used at concentrations of 0.025% to 0.10%. Adding sorbate salts to food will however raise the pH of the food slightly so the pH may need to be adjusted to assure safety.
Sodium Benzoate can effectively restrain the mold, yeast and oxygen activity of bacteria, staphylococcus aureus, salmonella and other harmful microorganism growth and reproduction, but for anaerobic bacillus bacteria and lactobacillus acidophilus beneficial microbes such as null and void, almost against the effect of development was stronger than the sterilization effect, so as to effectively prolong food to save time, and keep the original flavor of food.
(1) Used to control bacteria as food additive, such in bread, drinks, fruit juices,salt pickles, sauces, jams. and also used in Plasticizers, Perfumes, and Dentifrices.
(2) Used in manufacture of Benzoates and Benzoyl compounds, dyes as a mordant in calico printing.
(3) China Sodium Benzoate Used as anti microbial agent, Bacteriostatic & Bactericidal agent in medicines.
(4) Used as an anti fungal agent
(5) The application of sorbic acid in meat and sausages
(6) Excellent chain terminator in Polymerisation Process.
Suitable use for diabetes, seniors and obese people with high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease patients as replacement sugar.
|Appearance||White powder||White powder|
|Assay / %||99.0-100.5||99.59|
|Loss on drying / %||≤2.0||0.93|
|Appearance of solution / %||PASS||PASS|
|Acidity and alkalinity / %||PASS||PASS|
|Chloride / %||≤0.02||＜0.02|
|Compound containing chlorine gas||≤0.03||＜0.03|
|Heavy metals / %||≤0.001||＜0.001|
|Arsenic / %||≤0.0002||＜0.0002|
|Sulfate / %||≤0.1||＜0.1|
|Result||Conform to BP-2000 standard|